Christmas – is coming! The most wonderful time of the year…it seriously is my favorite time of year. Celebrating the coming of Jesus – his birth into this world and enormity of what all that means.
But it’s It also is – you know (usually) the busiest and the craziest time of the year. As you look for ideas of what to give your little ones I thought I would share some of our favorite gifts for our kids. These are the ones they have played and played with and lasted. (note: there are some affiliate links in here. If you use them I receive A few pennies for my girls Christmas gifts. lol)
If you are doing any holiday traveling also recommend that you check out this post about tips and activities when traveling with toddlers. I have several items in there that can also make great gifts!
For those of you reading this post that are local to the Oklahoma City area I would highly recommend stopping by these stores to pick up Christmas gifts. Shopping local is so important!
- Sarah’s Silks – these can be the foundation for all sorts of imaginative play
- Magnet Tiles – these are so awesome for all ages
- Ikea kitchen – need I say more? A must for any home with littles.
- Melissa & Doug Farm
- Felt Dolls
- Wooden Train Set – another toy that you can add onto so can be the foundation for gifts for years to come
- Peg Dolls – these are so handy to have in a bag for kids to play with during church or while traveling
- Bella Luna toys
- Art Stuff – can you ever go wrong with this? So many different items you can get!
- Mini Magnet sets
Our family spends hours every week reading aloud and looking through books. And as part of our gift giving we always include a book!
Scribd – this app has become a fast favorite in our home. It’s a monthly subscription and you can get hundreds of audio books. There’s no monthly limit and it can be used on several devices in your home. We love it! (favorites to listen to are: Treasures of the Snow, Betsy & Tacy, All of a kind Family, In Grandma’s Attic, Paddington Series) Use my link to receive a month free to try it out!
Who Sang the First Song? by Elle Holcomb
Children’s Pilgrims Progress Stories – We can’t wait for their Bible Story books!
Favorite games for the 4-5 plus group
- Science Museums (we love the local OKC one!)
- Children’s Museums
- Camping Equipment
- Indoor Playground (the Play Pit in downtown Norman is great!)
- Gymnastic lessons or Ice Skating lessons
Take those photos from your family or newborn session and turn them into gifts for you kids. It is incredibly valuable for a child to see themselves!
- albums are always a hit with our girls…they spend hours looking through their photo albums
- puzzles & games
- hardcover books – this is especially for the 2 and under crowd. You can make all sorts of books using their favorite people!
Share with me!
If you have a favorite toy, experience or gift for these younger years please share in the comments below. I’m always looking for great ideas. (And moms I have a post coming for you soon! And also a post of local OKC gift ideas….so stay tuned!)
Looking for a laid back family photographer in Oklahoma City or the Norman area? Take a look around my website (check out my Family page or my About page) to make sure I fit what you are looking for. If fun, connection and a low stress time is your goal then I bet we are a good fit. Let’s get in touch and plan your session!