Today I want to share with you the precautions I’m taking during my photography sessions. While this post is specific for newborn photo sessions, most all of these steps I’m taking will also apply to my family photo sessions. In these crazy times there are so many unknowns and it can make decisions very hard. Today I want to share my approach and what I am doing so you can make the best decision for your family in whether or not to hire a newborn photographer.
Choosing where to have your session –
- An outdoor session can still be done for a newborn session. With my lifestyle approach all we need is some space and we can still capture precious photos
- Indoors – NYC apartments can be tight but below you can see what I am doing to make it as comfortable as possible for you. I also recommend having windows open if possible during the session and running a air purifier if you have one.
What steps I am taking for precautions –
- masking – for all my sessions I wear a mask for the caution of all involved. (For newborn sessions in particular this will be a cloth and a kn95 mask)
- No touching – I have never seen newborn sessions as a time to snuggle babies and always have taken a hands off approach. I continue this practice during these times.
- sanitizing – I always keep hand sanitizer and wipes along and use it regularly in my sessions (as well as wiping my camera and phone down)
- handwashing – my practice always has been and continues to be to remove my shoes, put on clean socks and then wash my hands thoroughly with soap and water
- driving – I have a personal car available for use to drive to sessions
- temperature checks before session as well as if anyone is ill in my family I will contact my client and move the session (this is also a practice I had before the current virus crisis).
- Specific COVID-19 precautions – I ask all my clients to read and agree to terms and conditions to make the best practices for us all.
Feel free to reach out and ask any other questions you might have in wondering if a session would be a good fit for you. I would love to connect and capture this beauitful time of your lives.
Charis Elisabeth Photography is a lifestyle, storytelling photographer serving the metro NYC area (including areas of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx). I seek to capture families in a joyful, natural manner focusing on images that capture who you are as a family in your current season.